Startup and Commissioning Services
Be Really Ready for Commercial Operations - For Real, Not Show.
After years of planning, engineering, equipment selection, procurement and delivery you are excited and everything appears to be right on track. You look out at the job site and the amount of steel going up is impressive. You start to believe the contractor may be finished early by the amount of steel going up daily.
Best In Class
With unmatched experience and expertise to support your project. We leverage our unique advantage of executing pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup on a wide variety of power and process facilities. This cross-sector skillset is a weapon against complacency and skill set obsolescence. For example, who has commissioned new hydro turbine in the USA in the past 25 years - other than an OEM? Our team. Enthalpy has the only 3rd party Commissioning Techs trained by the OEM to do warranted CSU activities on new hydroelectric turbines and auxiliary systems for the units. Since then, the team has completed 11 hydro generating units at 4 locations in the last 2 years with more on the boards. Whether you're building Solar, Hydro, Gas, LNG, Ethylene Processing, AQCS, Utility Scale Battery Storage, Transmission & Distribution or just upgrading your existing assets, we can make sure you're off to a great start and have the data needed to operate and maintain your plant for years to come.
No Plan, No Progress
Enthalpy ensures that the selected approach is proceduralized in great detail. We do this planning so that we may change the plan. The plan will change - somewhere along the way. We get smarter, or new information comes to light or we missed the obvious and have to change plan. It's startup - it's important to do it right, do it once and move on. Plans change, the requirement to deliver a safe quality result does not. This is why we adhere to a proven program that ensures a quality startup, performed safely and with stewardship of the budget.
Enthalpy Executes Turn Key, Advisory Only or Anything in Between
Our experts hail from top CSU teams from everywhere. Our Startup Leads, CSU Managers all achieved their positions as Commissioning Managers over years of hands on execution. Many of them started in the operations departments at large facilities. They know what is required to be safe, online and per contract. They know their trade and they have years of experience in senior technical and management roles in the commissioning and start‐up of world-class plants.
Enthalpy has the team and equipment resource to provide turnkey pre-commissioning, commissioning and start‐up scope. Also available are the following services that can be secured as needed:
- EPC oversight / Owners Rep for CSU Quality and Contract Adherance
- Procedures for commissioning, start‐up and initial operations ‐including testing of critical equipment and systems, and the
plant as a whole to be executed by others.
- Provide input into plant design to ensure adequate consideration for
commissioning and start‐up requirements .
- Input into construction planning (to ensure compatibility
with commissioning and start‐up plans) and oversight of pre‐
commissioning activities performed by construction.
- Development of pre‐commissioning, commissioning and
start‐up plans and procedures.
- Assistance during construction turnover in managing punch‐
lists, deficiency tracking, equipment close‐out and system
- Technical and operational assistance and support of
commissioning and start‐up activities
Manage Risks From Day One
Commissioning and start‐up activities are unique and there's no time built into the schedule for repeating activities. Sit hire someone who familiar with the dynamics that are involved. The CSU phase of a project inherently encompases the most
Commissioning and start‐up activities are unique and there's no time built into the schedule for repeating activities. Sit hire someone who familiar with the dynamics that are involved. The CSU phase of a project inherently encompases the most significant process safety and operating risks, and often defines a project as a success or failure in the eyes of the owners and industry peers.
Enthalpy works to ensure that the risks are managed from the beginning by starting look ahead planning for commercial operations:
- Owner’s Operations Organization Development
- Operating, Maintenance and Plant Engineering Work Systems and Procedures
- Plant Support Services Systems and Procedures
- Pre‐Commissioning, Commissioning and Start‐Up Procedures
- Plant Performance Testing Protocol
- Initial and Ongoing Operations Assistance or Execution (Staff Augmentation)
- Contract O&M Services
- CMMS database development
LOTO database development
Look At Our Results!
Using this methodology has resulted in over 8 Project or Plant of the Year awards, recognition by the Governor of California for safety, has had processes identified as a best practice by DOL/DOE and most importantly to us, has resulted in repeat customers. Client are asking for us by name. It gets no better than that. Call us. We will deliver expert service and award-winning results on your upcoming startup.
PRE-COMM, COMMISSIONING & STARTUP SERVICES
- Best Practices to save Costs & Schedule
- Process Safety Review
- Constructability Review
- Operability Review
- P&ID Reviews
- Startup Connection Provision Audit
- Functional Description Development Support
- Equipment Vendor assessment input
- Schedule Development
- Develop Contract Specifications
- Construction Turnover Package Development
- QA/QC support
- Lube Oil High Velocity and Thermal Cyclic Flushes
- Chemical Cleaning
- HV Cable Testing & Point to Point Verifications
- I&C Device Bench Calibrations
- High Velocity Flushes
- Temporary power, water and other designs and configurations needed for system bootstrap until permanent assets readied.
- Permanent Staff Training
- QA/QC and Equipment Preservation Support
- RFI responses as needed
- Turnover Package Audit (CTO - Construction Turn-Over)
- Physical System Acceptance - Care, Custody & Control
- Permit to Work & LOTO
- Project Coordination & Schedule Management
- Punchlist Management
- Warranty Coodintation
- Test Fluids and Fuel calculations & nominations
- Vendor Coordination
- Loop Checks
- Component Testing
- Solo System Testing
- Integrated System Functional Testing
- Interlocks, Trips, Alarm Summary & Priority Config
- Performance Testing
- OTO (Ops Turn-Over)
- Contractor CM Services